English
16.01.2025
13:00:00
GENERAL MLADIĆ'S HEALTH IS STILL DIFFICULT, HE SPENT HOLIDAYS IN BED
BELGRADE, JANUARY 16 /SRNA/ - The health condition of General Ratko Mladić, who has been in the detention hospital in Scheveningen in the Hague since April last year, is still serious and is still in a wheelchair and tied to the bed where he spent the past holidays, his son Darko Mladić told SRNA.
"There is nothing new, there are no changes, neither for the better nor for the worse. He is still tied to the bed, he is in a wheelchair. It is a difficult situation," said Darko. He said that the general has the same neurological, cardiovascular and urological problems as before. Darko reminded that on December 9, the general was visited by a neuropsychiatrist from Serbia, when she stated that the condition had not changed. When asked if the defense would submit a new request for General Mladić to be treated at liberty, Darko said that he could not speak concretely and comment on these matters in advance, but that everything possible was being done for him. General Ratko Mladić has been in a detention hospital in The Hague since April of last year, and due to his poor health, his family and defense attorneys have repeatedly requested that he be given medical treatment in freedom, but these requests have been rejected. The former commander of the Main Staff of the Republika Srpska Army was operated on on January 8 last year in a Dutch hospital, when a pacemaker was implanted in him, and in the meantime his kidneys had failed. General Mladić, who was the commander of the Main Staff of the Republika Srpska Army, was sentenced to life imprisonment in June 2021. for alleged crimes in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
English
5 hours ago
KOŠARAC: EXODUS OF SARAJEVO SERBS REMAINS HAUNTING LEGACY OF ETHNIC CLEANSING
SARAJEVO, FEBRUARY 21 /SRNA/ – The exodus of Sarajevo Serbs, who left their ancestral homes 30 years ago, remains the most harrowing story of sufferin...
7 hours ago
VUKELIĆ: EXODUS AS TRAGIC LESSON SHOWS WHY REPUBLIKA SRPSKA MUST BE PROTECTED
BEOGRAD, FEBRUARY 21 /SRNA/ – The exodus of Serbs from Sarajevo in February and March 1996 was an epic tragedy and a warning to Serbs of how important...
9 hours ago
RADIĆ: REPUBLIKA SRPSKA ATTRACTIVE TO TOURISTS, BUT GREATER INVESTMENT IN OFFER NEEDED
BANJA LUKA, FEBRUARY 21 /SRNA/ – Republika Srpska has much to offer and can make use of global trends, as more and more tourists are visiting rural ar...
9 hours ago
FIRST CONSTITUTION AND ASSEMBLY OF SERB PEOPLE LAID GROUNDWORK FOR REPUBLIKA SRPSKA
ISTOČNO SARAJEVO, FEBRUARY 21 /SRNA/ – The first Constitution of Republika Srpska, proclaimed 34 years ago, and the historic decision by Serb deputies...
10 hours ago
JANJIĆ: IMAGES OF EXODUS ONE OF THE MOST HARROWING EPISODES OF MODERN EUROPE
BEOGRAD, FEBRUARY 21 /SRNA/ – Images of the exodus of Sarajevo Serbs following the signing of the Dayton Peace Accords, when many even transferred the...
22 hours ago
ILIJA BAKMAZ WINS 30TH ROMANIJA GUSLE ASSEMBLY "ROMANIJO, GORO OD JUNAKA"
SOKOLAC, FEBRUARY 20 /SRNA/ – Gusle player Ilija Bakmaz from Sokolac won the jubilee 30th Guslars' Assembly "Romanijo, Goro od Junaka", held this even...