English

06.03.2026

Time11:41:00

ŠERANIĆ: NEW UNIT STEP FORWARD FOR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM

FOČA, MARCH 6 /SRNA/ – The Minister of Health and Social Welfare of Republika Srpska Alen Šeranić has stated today that the opening of the Intensive Care Unit for non-surgical branches at the University Hospital Foča is a major step forward for the healthcare system of Republika Srpska, which will make modern medical care available to patients.

FOČA, MARCH 6 /SRNA/ – The Minister of Health and Social Welfare of Republika Srpska Alen Šeranić has stated today that the opening of the Intensive Care Unit for non-surgical branches at the University Hospital Foča is a major step forward for the healthcare system of Republika Srpska, which will make modern medical care available to patients.



After opening the unit together with the acting director of the Foča hospital Nenad Lalović, Šeranić congratulated the institution’s management and employees and recalled that the need to develop a network of intensive care units in Republika Srpska became particularly evident during the COVID-19 epidemic in 2020. "At that time, Professor Peđa Kovačević and I began considering the network of intensive care units for treating patients in Republika Srpska because the need had arisen, not only due to COVID-19, but also because of all other patients treated in intensive care units," Šeranić told the press. He pointed out that until now most such patients had been admitted to the University Clinical Centre of Republika Srpska in Banja Luka, but that the new unit in Foča will make it possible for this type of service to be provided in this health institution as well. According to him, an intensive care unit also exists at the hospital in Doboj, while through the construction of new hospitals and the reconstruction of existing ones, the focus has been placed on developing such units so that modern tertiary healthcare services become available across Republika Srpska. The line minister announced that the University Hospital Foča is facing the completion of the second phase of the project for the final reconstruction and equipping of the institution. He also thanked the hospital’s previous management, which participated in the reconstruction project, as well as the current one which, as he stated, has raised the institution to a higher level with great energy and persistence. Šeranić and Lalović officially opened today the Intensive Care Unit for non-surgical branches, equipped according to modern world standards.

English

Time55 minutes from now

LAVROV: STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN MOSCOW AND BEIJING WITHSTANDS WESTERN PRESSURE

LAVROV: STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN MOSCOW AND BEIJING WITHSTANDS WESTERN PRESSURE

BEIJING, MAY 20 /SRNA/ - Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said that Moscow and Beijing have built a strategic partnership strong enough to withs...

Time1 hour ago

BELT OF THE THEOTOKOS ARRIVES IN BELGRADE, WELCOMED BY PATRIARCH PORFIRIJE AND VUČIĆ

BELT OF THE THEOTOKOS ARRIVES IN BELGRADE, WELCOMED BY PATRIARCH PORFIRIJE AND VUČIĆ

BELGRADE, MAY 20 /SRNA/ - The miraculous Belt of the Most Holy Theotokos, one of the greatest relics in the Orthodox Christian world, was ceremonially...

Time2 hours ago

JOINT APPEARANCE IN ELECTIONS AGREED, BUT NOT CANDIDATES

JOINT APPEARANCE IN ELECTIONS AGREED, BUT NOT CANDIDATES

BANJA LUKA, MAY 20 /SRNA/ - Opposition political parties - the Serbian Democratic Party /SDS/, the Movement for Safe Srpska, and the People’s Front -...

Time2 hours ago

SDA CAUCUS LEADER CAUSED INCIDENT AT SESSION BY CALLING FOR VIOLENCE

SDA CAUCUS LEADER CAUSED INCIDENT AT SESSION BY CALLING FOR VIOLENCE

BOSANSKI PETROVAC, MAY 20 /SRNA/ - The head of the SDA Caucus in the Municipal Council of Bosanski Petrovac Edin Didović caused an incident at today’s...

Time2 hours ago

DODIK: BLANUŠA INTENDS TO BETRAY REPUBLIKA SRPSKA

DODIK: BLANUŠA INTENDS TO BETRAY REPUBLIKA SRPSKA

BANJA LUKA, MAY 20 /SRNA/ - SNSD President Milorad Dodik said that the statement by SDS leader Branko Blanuša on so-called state property is proof tha...

Time3 hours ago

DODIK: BRIDGE IN GRADIŠKA TEMPORARILY OPEN FOR 100 YEARS

DODIK: BRIDGE IN GRADIŠKA TEMPORARILY OPEN FOR 100 YEARS

BANJA LUKA, MAY 20 /SRNA/ - SNSD president Milorad Dodik said that the issue of the new bridge and border crossing in Gradiška has long been resolved...

See all

Copyright © 2023 News Agency of the Republic of Srpska - Srna. All rights reserved. The content of these pages may not be transmitted without permission and without citing the source